Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
Tiruchirappalli – 620014, Tamilnadu
Recruitment of Skilled Artisans
BHEL, India’s premier engineering and manufacturing enterprise provides World-class products and services and caters to core sectors of the Indian Economy viz., Power Generation and Transmission, Industry, Transportation, Renewable Energy, Defence etc. The Navratna PSU has a wide network of 15 Manufacturing Divisions, 4 Power Sector Regional Centers, 8 Service Centers, 15 Regional Offices, 4 Overseas Offices, a subsidiary and large number of project sites spread all over India and abroad. The company has its footprints in more than 70 countries all over the world and has achieved a net profit of Rs. 6011 Crores and turnover of Rs. 43,337 Crores in 2010-11.
Recruitment of Artisans
|Commencement of online submission of applications||04.04.2012|
|Closing of online submission of applications||25.04.2012|
|Last date of receipt of Acknowledgement slips||30.04.2012|
|Last date of receipt of Ack slips From Far flung areas||02.05.2012|
|Date of Written Test||20.05.2012
BHEL, Tiruchirappalli a major Manufacturing unit is looking for Artisans in the following trades :
* Artisan : 750 posts (UR-399, Ex.SM-108, OBC-202, SC-142, ST-7,PH-23) of Skilled Artisans (Fitter-379, Welder-178, Turner-40, Machinist-57, Electrician-19, Crane Operator-cum Rigger-60, Instrument Mechanic-5, Furnace Operator-12) , Age: As on 1/04/2012 – 27 years. , Pay Scale : On successful completion of training period, candidates will be absorbed in the regular establishment as Artisan Gr IV in the pay scale of Rs.11700-23000/-.
Fee : Rs.125/- (No fee for SC/ST/PH). The fee can be paid in any of the branches of State Bank of India, to Power Jothi A/c, NO. 30796267034 @ HE, Kailasapuram, Trichy-14 (code no.01363) in favour of Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited, Tiruchirappalli. The triplicate challan for payment of Examination and processing fee of Rs.125/- can be downloaded from the BHEL web site.
How to Apply:
|How to apply||
Apply online at BHEL website only upto 25/04/2012.
Applications are to be submitted on-line only. No other form of application will be entertained.
Vacancies for OBC category are meant only for those coming under the ‘non-creamy layer’. ‘Non Creamy Layer under OBC’ means the gross annual income of parents of the candidate should not be more than Rs.4.5 lakhs in the last three consecutive years. Candidates belonging to OBC Category but not covered under Non Creamy Layer should indicate their category as GENERAL.
Candidates possessing equivalent and relevant experience of working directly in a Public or Private Sector organization manufacturing Boiler components of not less than 100 MW capacity, the Upper age limit is relaxable upto 84 months.
Online Application for the post of ARTISAN IV (Initially as Temporary Employee Artisan) Fitter, Welder, Turner, Machinist, Electrician, Crane Operator cum Rigger, Instrument Mechanic, Furnace Operator
INFORMATION ON WRITTEN TEST
- The candidates’ performance in the Written Test will determine whether he/she qualifies for further consideration.
- The Written Test will be of one and half hour (90 minutes) duration and consist of 120 Multiple Choice Objective type questions. The questions are mostly drawn from the curriculum and the practical experience of having performed on the job.
- The Written Test will consist predominantly of questions to test the candidates’ knowledge in the subjects specified as part of minimum educational qualifications for the post and also a few questions to test the aptitude.
- For each question there will be four options (a, b, c & d) and only one of the option is correct. The candidate will be required to choose the correct answer and indicate choice in the Answer Sheet by shading the appropriate choice.
- The Answer Sheet is a special OMR (Optical Mark Reader) sheet. For answering the questions, there will be circular spaces in the Answer Sheet. The chosen answer is to be indicated by completely darkening one of the circular spaces with blue / black ball point pen. Any other method of answering will be taken as incorrect.
- Darken only in the spaces provided. Please do not do any rough work on the answer sheet.
- For each correct answer the candidate will be assigned one mark, while for each wrong answer 0.25 mark will be deducted. Candidates are therefore advised to ensure adequate care before answering.
- If more than one option is marked, then it will be treated as incorrect and 0.25 mark will be deducted.
- Admission to this Test is provisional. The Candidate should satisfy himself/herself regarding possessing the required qualifications (marks, age, caste, etc.) stipulated in the advertisement before applying. Mere appearance in the Test does not entail any claim for the post. The Candidate will be treated as debarred ab-initio in case the essential eligibility criteria are not fulfilled.
- The tentative date of Written examination shall be 20th May 2012 at different venues in Tiruchirappalli.
- The permission slip can be downloaded from this web site from 9th May 2012 (tentative) onwards by typing the acknowledgement number and date of birth at the appropriate place in the website. It is informed that Permission Slips will not be sent by post to the Candidate.
- The Candidate is required to produce the Permission Slip (downloaded from the Website) duly affixed with a passport size photograph at the time of Written test, failing which the candidate will not be permitted to take the test.
- The result of the Written Test will be published in this Website http://careers.bhel.in only. The shortlisted candidates have to download the Interview Call Letters from this website and attend the Interview at the place mentioned in the call letter.
- It will be the Candidates’ responsibility to see the results published and attend the Personal Interview, if a candidate succeeds in the Written Test.
- The Personal Interview will be held from 4th June 2012 (Tentative) for different trades. The actual date, time and venue of Interview will be intimated at the time of announcement of written test results in this website.
- Candidates called for Personal Interview will be paid second class to and fro train fare or actual fare whichever is less, from the starting station or mailing address, whichever is nearer, on production of proof of journey. No travelling allowance will be paid for attending the written test.
- In the event of the candidate qualifying the Written Test and being invited to attend the Interview, he/she would be required to produce the following original documents along with one photocopy each. The following documents need to be produced in original during the interview:
- SSLC Mark sheet, in support of date of birth
- National Trade Certificate and Mark Sheets
- National Apprenticeship Certificate and Mark Sheets
- Certificate for working experience, if applicable.
- Community Certificate (in case of SC/ST/OBC candidates – OBC candidates are required to submit ORIGINAL OBC Certificate (indicating Non Creamy Layer status) issued to them.
- PH Certificate (in case of Physically Challenged candidates) in relation to their disability from Government Hospital/Medical Board attached to Special Employment Exchange for the handicap.
- “No Objection Certificate” in the case of candidates working in Government/Semi Govt organisations/PSU/Autonomous bodies etc.
- Discharge Certificate in the case of Ex-Servicemen along with clear documentary proof of having the required qualification with marks statement, as per our Advertisement.
- Three photographs (Passport Size).
- The final selection list would be published on the final day of the interview by 7.30 PM at the venue of the interview.
Please visit http://careers.bhel.in/rectry for details and online submission of application.